Thursday, June 25, 2009

National Train Day


River was very excited about our trip to Union Station for National Train Day two months ago. I almost did not go because Stephan had to work and It was my first really big outing with all three of the kids, I'm glad we went!


We got to go on an Amtrak train and walk around exploring and sitting in all the seats, playing with the tables, and checking out every nook and cranny. Miles really could not get enough, he has always loved trains. While sitting in the chairs, Miles loved to read up on the safety manuals.





We decided to metro in because I thought there would be a large crowd and riding the metro really kept with theme of the day, they did enjoy the train ride and did very good with the crowds. They were very patient when we had to stop and nurse River. They also had many model trains to watch and fun kid handouts like train stickers and whistles. It was a good day, I think we will make a tradition of it every year, next year we will make sure Stephan can go with us:)



1 comment:

The Ollis Family said...

Wow girl, looks like you're doing great with all three kiddos! I looked at the picture at the top and I can't believe how much little River looks like Lucy when she was that age!